Saturday, June 13, 2009

Oh! to serve the LORD

The call of the Lord is unmistakable. When it comes, it may not be like a slap in the face. On the contrary, God may quietly, but persistently impress on your mind the things he wants you to do. It has been my experience that He will not usually impose His will on you without your being willing, however, He will keep knocking on the door of your heart for a long time before giving up.

Revelation 3:20 KJV
Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

In the last two months, I have allowed my own will to be put aside, and for the Will of God to take the prominent place in my life, and that of my family. For many years now, I have known the Lord has wanted me in full-time (relative) service for Him. For a large portion of those years I have kicked against that knowledge, and followed a course of life that has been (in many ways) contrary to Gods will.

I believe my Saviour and Lord would have my family move, as missionaries, to the country of Romania. Initially we will work with another missionary family, within the ministry they have already begun establishing, however, further into the future, we believe the Lord would have us expand our own ministry in a different area.

Please pray for us as we begin the journey of preparing for the work the Lord has for us to complete. The Lords work will never be finished while the Devil is still free to roam, so as the Lord prepares to come again, help us to gather as many unto Him as possible.

John 6:27-29 KJV
27 Labour not for the meat which perisheth, but for that meat which endureth unto everlasting life, which the Son of man shall give unto you: for him hath God the Father sealed.
28 Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?
29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

No comments:

Post a Comment