Saturday, June 20, 2009

Discouragement Looms Above

Matthew 16:24-27 KJV
24 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.
25 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.
26 For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?
27 For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.



Something I have discovered is that, when you decide to go to the mission field, discouragement can bash you over the head like a two-inch steel pipe.

Sometimes things come up that make me ask, "Is this all worth it?" Not to say that I don't want to go, or that I don't believe God has placed a call on my life and that of my family, but simply that the pressures of this life are enough to make one question (in a heathen like manner) the value of surrendering the life God has permitted us to live, for a life that has a largely unknown direction!

I had a good job with a great future, I could have worked up to having all the money I ever really wanted. I had a nice house (read: warm), with nothing much to complain about. Now, the food in our refrigerator is warmer than the food on the bench top! I am working a job that I know I will not be doing for very long- and it certainly wont make me rich.

But in the midst of my discouragement, I started thinking about the above verses. Talk about conviction! I realised that the Devil is even now trying to dissuade me from following through with what God has required of me. How sad that one can be so easily trapped in this present world that to serve the Lord seems a great sacrifice. If we started out with little, it would not be so hard to go when He sends.

I am praying that in the future, I will not be so weak minded. Christ gave His all for me, why should I not give Him the little I have to offer. Dear Lord, help me be stronger!!!!

James 4:7 KJV
7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.


Please pray for us as we prepare for the Mission Field. We are committed, however we need the Lords help. I will post a prayer letter of sorts later on, it is always good to be able to be specific in prayer. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment